Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Adventures in juicing: Orange Sunburst

Hunger and I have been on odd terms lately.  Sometimes, I'm craving everything under the sun.  More often than not, however, I'm just not very hungry.  There is sharp pain in what I think are probably my intestines, though my insides are fairly unhappy with me in general these days. In any case, solid food just doesn't seem very appetizing, and eating becomes uncomfortable.  I'm pretty sure this is a result of the iron supplements I am taking.  But I need sustenance of some kind, so I'm getting around it by juicing.

I fell in love with the Day Glow juice from First Watch, and I decided I would try to make my own version.  I succeeded on the first try.  It was a little on the sweet side, but I added ice, and it cut the sweetness for me.

Libbie's Orange Sunburst:

4 oranges
7 carrots
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1 lemon

I'd gauge this makes about 10-12 oz of juice.  And it's so tasty!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment