Friday, September 9, 2016

Adventures in weight loss...

I had gained 10 lbs in the last year, 5 of which came on pretty suddenly when I started having issues with my reproductive health.  I was tired all the time which didn't help at all.  I would get so tired I couldn't make it through 5 minutes on the Cybex machine.  It's not as if my body was responding to the weightlifting, anyway.  

Recently, however, things have begun to turn around.  I'm friends with a couple who like to be adventurous on occasion, and they invited me to hike with them at a local park.  I've always like to rockclimb, but I've never considered myself terribly fond of hiking.  Apparently, I love it...and so does my body.  We did our first hike on Aug 15th, and I've been trying to hike 2-3 times per week.  Since that first hike, I've lost 6.5 lbs!  Hiking for 1.5-2 hours 3 times per week and getting in my 10k steps per day has done more to help me get the weight off than any time I've spent in the gym.  

I'm not sure what to do about my energy levels.  They're still pretty low, but I'm trying to power through and not let up.  Maybe once the excess weight is off, my energy levels will rebound.  

My goal is to shed the extra 10 lbs and then start lifting to get my muscle definition back.

Maybe I'll take photos next time I'm out...

No comments:

Post a Comment